Are you struggling in your relationship with your significant other. Are you struggling with your relationship with your children? Has your partner cheated on you? Are they dealing with an addiction? Are you struggling with anxiety, depression or trauma? I can help with this and more. I have helped many individuals, couples and families with:
- bonding and communicating in relationships
- women’s issues
- Trauma including betrayal trauma from (sex addiction/affairs)
- school achievement concerns
- family conflict
- work life balance and more
How I can help you
A general counselor is very helpful, however; being a specialist can often be even more helpful. Being a specialist and using different therapies can help your individual situation. I often use techniques from EMDR (Eye-Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) Therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, solution-focused brief therapy, mindfulness and meditation, as well as other modalities that will meet your needs. I truly desire to cater my approach to the person so that treatment works for you.
Education and training
I believe that being well educated and trained is just as important as being a good fit. Please see below regarding my training.
- I received a Master’s in Social Work from the University of North
Carolina at Charlotte
- I am trained as an EMDR Therapist for trauma wounds and PTSD
- I have extensive training as an Adolescent/Teen and Family Therapist
dealing with distress in the home.
- I have trained and enjoy working with couples
- I enjoy working with individuals (12 and older), families and couples
Are you ready for positive change?
I am ready to partner together today with my hands-on experiential experience. I find that the best work happens when you are ready for the change. However; even if you are not quite ready, it never hurts to make contact with a therapist to have a safe an objective place to share your problems. This can be helpful as I can be patient with you and can meet with you as often as you are comfortable meeting, until you are ready to change. I would like to discover what types of changes you would like to make together, one step at a time.
Want to learn more about me? Please visit my YouTube channel to hear tips on what you can do now to deal with different challenges.